Sunday, April 30, 2006

to cheat or not to cheat...

so, ive got a moral delema. the other day my boss gave me a little coupon for a free sonic burger at a local burger joint called, sonic. maybe youve heard of it. i dont really like sonic much, i think it is kinda flavorless and boring and dont really find it too thrilling. but nonetheless, this girl always loves a free item and especialy when this girl is particularly poor. so naturaly, i went to sonic and got my free burger. the beauty of this experience was that the girl who rolled out on her roller skates, to bring my food to my car- didnt take the coupon! i was so excited! again, the burger was kinda nasty, but i relished it, because of the free-ness of it all. (relished, not in the condiment sort of way but the "enjoyment" sort of way.) the beauty of this tale is that not only didnt they take the coupon the first time, but they didnt take the coupon the 2nd 3rd or 4th time either! it is a marvelous thing. a kind of tasteless, greasy thing, but i cant stop going because it is like the lord just wants to keep giving me free lunch! therefore, i must continue to pull off this wonderful feat, i may become a fat ugly wench in the process, but i think it is well worth it in the end. what do you think my friends, am i sinful sinner?

13 comments:

arwen said...

I think God is simply giving you a sign. Good for you for observing what he is telling you. He is saying "Titvestri, the only way you're gonna eat is if you do it dishonestly and frequently. Take this my child..." You're simply following your path. BTW, I hear God likes free stuff too... I think I saw him down at Papa Johns the other day getting a free pizza...

Lisa said...

This sounds like something rolo would do, and i would be totally against it giving him all the reasons why its wrong, but then I would still eat the free burgers anyway. He knows how to break me...

Jen said...

Could you bring that coupon when you come on Friday? I'd like to be blessed by God, as well!

Ryan Woods said...

Sonic is a weird thing. I'm like you, I don't really like it all that much. But for some reason I still miss it and wish that it were here in the Sunshine States (washington/Oregon). I don't think I'd even eat there if it were here (and I don't think I ate there more than la couple of times in Lubbock). Ooo, I did, though, eat at Chick Filet all the time 'cause we got all these free coupons for food. It was awesome. I litterally ate free food from there for a whole month. It made me happy.

Lisa said...

I agree with Ryan, I don't go there for the food, but I miss it terribly, even though there one in LA, and everytime we go up there we stop. But whats good about Sonic, is the Vanilla Coke with extra vanilla. No other vanilla coke compares. Oh, and there mozerella sticks kick butt too. Other than that, only if you recieve free burgers like manna from heaven should one eat..one.

dodyb said...

We all know that I am wierd right?

I like Sonic burgers! I love their vanilla Dr. Pepper with the little round balls of ice. I think the ice is the cutest thing!

Unknown said...

I actually asked about that at Sonic . . . I have an over-active sense of guilt . . . and was told that it is okay to re-use it because they want you to get used to going to Sonic and they want you to buy other things to go with the burger . . . I then promptly lost the coupon.

Jess said...

Hmmm...Limeaids...

tara said...

well, since, according to ty, it is now ok for me to use this wonderful gift of a coupon...it has lost its luster. i hate it. i will never use it again. whats the point? not really, i will continue to use it everyday.

arwen said...

yeah... I agree with you T(ara)... once you know that that is what they want you to do, it's not quite as cool. And it's not so much a sign from God either... more of a sign from The Man.

Priscilla said...

hmmmm...I just had Sonic for the first time and it's not so bad...especially all their yummy limeaid drinks...and free really isn't so bad of a price...

Mike Lewis said...

fair is fair.

Sonic rocks! Cherry Limeaid! Coneys! Lucky!

rebecca marie said...

mmmmmcherrylimeaid.

they aren't taking the coupon on purpose... it keeps you coming back and they assume you'll purchase more than the free item.