Sunday, April 23, 2006

grad time...

it is a joyous time in the silvestri household. eric will grauate from college in a matter of 5 days and just the thought of it makes me want to wet myself. it has been a looong journey but alas, the day is arriving. i heard a nasty rumor that the ceremony is suposed to last 4 hours. once again i may wet myself if this is true, (although not in joy) as i am not partial to sitting in a hot gym listening to boring speakers for hours on end. my plan was, as soon as he walked down that isle, eric would get a wonderful job and i would be a wealthy housewife, able to sit at home, cook amazing meals, plant a lucious garden that would produce fruit of bounty. i would sunbathe every afternoon, but never get more than a golden glow. my morning routine would consist of reading my bible until i was completley full of the spirit, able to share my plathera of wisdom with the people of the village. these are just a few of the things that my heart longs for and now i have realized that instead, i will end up going to work every day from 8-5 and then pick up eric from work at best buy. we will cook tv dinners in the evening and on the chance that i get to lay out on the weekend, i will fry my skin and it will peel off days later so that i have blotchy pink skin. all this to say that in reality, no matter what our circumstances, eric and i will deal with whatever god throws our way and somehow always end up growing closer. congrats E, i love you baby!!

9 comments:

arwen said...

how sweet. I too have the dreams that you aspire too. And alas, I too will have to work and pick Seth up from school. FOREVER. I just read what you wrote on Lisa's dream post, and I have to say this: I don't like it when you call Eric "a whale of a man" or when you say you like his blow hole... it makes me a little bit uncomfortable...

Jen said...

I'm glad other people graduate. I don't do that so it's fun to live through other people! You're comin' to my house soon! I bought some pretty flowers to welcome you. Hopefully they won't be as ugly as my yard when you get here!

Ryan Woods said...

It's amazing how after graduation everything changes. Like me for example. After graduating I got this great new job working at outback! You really can't get a job at outback without a degree, so it's pretty important that I finished.
Tell Eric congrats for me.

Lisa said...

In what universe does Ryan get a degree before everyone else...whats up with that? Anyways, I am still holding on to this dream too, but Rolo has yet to finish his bachelors and then law school so I will hold on to it for a few more years, until I fully comprehend that law school loans will suck us dry for the rest of our lives. For now, its still fun to dream

arwen said...

DON'T DO IT LISA!!! DON'T LET ROLO GO TO LAW SCHOOL! IT WILL BE THE WORST 3 YEARS OF BOTH OF YOUR LIVES! DON'T DO IT! be ye forewarned...

Lisa said...

Arwen you are killing my dream. I may be willing to sacrifice 3 years if it means fulfilling a dream of General Hospital and laying on the beach everyday... and a baby or two.

Anonymous said...

All i can say is : I love Violet(although i haven't met her yet),and i love rollie pollies, (so, i am conflicted) -- I love homemaking, and i love having money - (so again, i am conflicted)--
Conflicted is really the word du jour.
But the main thing is - congratulations on your very cute and funny blog! Hugs

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I'm sorry Gina and I didn't get to see you when we were in OKC three weeks ago.

Jen said...

Tara, thanks for not posting. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who's not on the computer all the time. I appreciate you!