Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sisters, sisters...


I have a blogger buddy who has just adopted this precious little girl, Tsebay, from Ethiopia. (As in the picture at the top of the page) Is she not the biggest cutie pie that you have ever seen?? Her new mamma, Maria (who is also using Gladney, our adoption agency) went a few months ago to pick her up in Ethiopia and while she was there Tsebay's birth mom came to meet her and begged her to also take her other daughter, Kozit, who is 2 years old. (In the picture above with Tsebay) Maria obviously couldn't just take Kozit home with her right then so as soon as she got back to the states she began the paperwork to adopt that precious girl. While Maria is happy to be home with Tsebay, there is a sadness lingering as she thinks of Kozit waiting at the orphanage to be reunited with her sister. As you can imagine it is very expensive to adopt one child...let alone two, so Maria and a few of her friends have come up with a plan to raise the money to keep these sisters together forever...they are attempting to raise $10,000 of the cost and get the other $10,000 from grants- but here is how you can help:

A minimum donation of $50.00 will get your name in a raffle.
Here is what you can win:
-round trip tickets for two to Maui
-a lei greeting at the airport

-10 day accommodations in a cottage on the North Shore of Maui
-10 day car rental
-2 nights out at beautiful Maui restaurants
****The cash out option will be: $3000****

Their goal is to get 275 tickets sold so please pass this along to anyone interested in winning a trip or even more importantly, helping to bring Kozit home to her little sister! Here is the email if you are interested in helping, katemcentee@comcast.net. Just let her know how many tickets you would like to purchase and she will send them to you!
Thanks guys!!
Tara

7 comments:

Kim said...

yeah, i am first!! so tsebay is the cutest thing ever. where do we sign up?

tara said...

yay kim!
I think Eric and I are going to get 2. Goooo team!

Mamato2 said...

Tara, I am an adoptive Ethio-mom too, and I had Maria on my list of blogs I read for the longest time and then, somehow, deleted it. I just emailed her for the address again. I so hope she can bring the sisters back together as her daughters!!

Ryan Woods said...

I haven't really been commenting much because of the baby and such. There just isn't much time.
Anywhoo, what is everyone elses excuse for not commenting on this blog? It's like a total tear jerker! You should have like fifty comments or something. Jess and I haven't talked yet, but we might throw some money in...for a good cause ya know...

Drew said...

I tagged you! I know you already did it on your other blog but you can do it on this one now too...

Kim said...

tag tara you are it!

~Laura~ said...

okay, so do you have multiple blogs or something? I was lost for a minute. :)

Well, we decided that Sunday's aren't good days for garage sales. Maybe 3 people came by all day. We sold like $50 worth of stuff. :)

I'm just stoked that we did almost $1,000 in a weekend. That's amazing.

1600A is going off tomorrow. I'm working on my app. right now. :)