Wednesday, June 07, 2006

why lord, why?!


i work at a screen printing shop. i am the production manager, i run the front office and deal with the customers. i kinda do everything. but really, i just tell myself that so i dont have to think about working at a random meaningless job. i often order garments from a company called american apparel, theyve got fun, cool clothes and the kids seem to dig their hip duds. but the picture you see above is just one of the many unfortunate shots in their catalog and i have yet to figure out why they think that this is going to help sell items! it is always an ackward moment with the customer, when we open the catalog together, only to find oursleves staring into the zoomed in crotch of a extremely hairy man. im finding it hard to upsell when i myself, dont enjoy looking at wieners. but i have found that i can instead use the pics to break the ice with new employees, "hey wesley, i know youre only 17 and still a little ackward, and i dont really know you but i want to show you something...ha ha! its a wiener! welcome aboard."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

American Apparel is cool. When we were in hollywood a couple weeks ago, there was an AA store just around the corner, and it had 2 huge, like wall sized posters of a guy wearing these same undies, and it wasn;t pretty. The only thing it made me think of was when Ron Burgandy had the same pair but marroon in the "Cannonball" scene. We thought of getting a pair for rolo so we can reenact that glorious movie. we didn't though. no self respecting man should wear those, at least without pants.

arwen said...

I don't like AA. S and I saw a 60 min interview about the store and the owner and I'm not a big fan of him. The guy who owns the company is a young guy who makes no secret of the fact that he only hires people he thinks are good looking. He encourages his employees to engage in sexual relations with each other and even partakes himself. I'm not ok with that. Seth tried to buy some shirts from them but I talked him out of it because I don't want our money going to someone with such jacked up values... But I do like that you show #### to children at work. It's what I've always wanted for you, tt...

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess said...

I didn't use to know why people made adds like that. Until I saw a Victoria Secret add for a pair of undies and most of the picture had to do with the fact that the model was completely naked and only her nips weren't showing...except for the panties she was selling. I totally went out and bought those sexy panties right then. Oh silly me...naked women don't make girls want to buy panties.