Sunday, May 28, 2006

daisytara schmilvestri...

(this is evidently when eric realized how gross i looked)
as of the may 26th, eric and i have been married 4 years! we decided to celebrate the joyous occasion with a little weekend camping trip. both of us love to camp and we always seem to go at least a few times each summer, it has always been with friends or family but since this was our anni. we dscided to trek it on our own. it was wonderful! we went to a KOA campground, which for those of you who have never been- theyve got a pool, litle dinky mini golf courses, a snack bar, ect. it is not for the faint of heart, we were really "roughin' it". (note the sarcasm) it is a little different camping by yourself, than with
your parents. we quickly realized that we had to make our own fire. ugh. it wasnt already warm and glowing when we awoke in the morning. there are alot of things that you (or we) forget to bring that evidently mom always brought- the can opener, oil for the pancakes, and many other minor yet useful things.
now, i will share with you the good points of the trip...
1. we relaxed together, reading riding bikes and just lounging around.
2. there was a beautiful swimming pool and we soaked up the rays all afternoon.
3. violet experienced her first camping trip!
4. we had beautiful sunny weather.
5. we remembered some of our happiest times and stories from the past 4 years.

now, here are the not quite so good points...
1. we were evidently so relaxed that we forgot to shower. i never even got dressed all weekend- just a tee shirt and erics boxers and a nasty head of hair.
2.we lounged by the pool for a squench too long and i fried my poor pale body. and now i live in pain.
3. violet drove us absolutely crazy, waking us up every hour durring the night, so she could wander around the camp site like a psycho animal.
4. it was about 100 degrees all weekend- which in oklahoma feels like about 175 degrees. it was so hot in the tent that we slept in our birthday suits and opened all the windows- much to the dismay of our neighboors.
anyway, even in misserable conditions eric and i loved being together and had such a blast! he is my best friend in the whole world. i hope all of you have, or find love like ours! what do you love about your sweetie?!

6 comments:

Kara Deal said...

Oh, yay for Tara and Eric being married for a long time! I'm glad you guys had fun and were able to re-rax! I'm glad you posted about the dog camping experience! We can learn from your experience!

Love you and YAY again!

Raj Van Allen said...

Tara, I'm so happy for you and your husband. I'm not married, but I do go camping naked quite often. I've found the more you do it, the better it feels. And I feel good.

Anonymous said...

um... I don't like it when you post your dirty sex stories on this family blogging area. If you were wearing Eric's boxers, was he wearing your undies? Cause that'd be hot... Did I say hot? I meant sick.... but when I picture it, I laugh... really hard. Possibly out loud

Jen said...

Good blog. Happy Anni. I had a great anni last week, too. i sorta forgot about yours.

I love that my husband is my teammate. We side with each other, we make the team better, we make up for each other's weaknesses. I woudn't be who I am without him. I shows me how to be better than I am and loves me just the way I am. He is a wonderful father and he is a great peacemaker amongst all our children. I want to be like him when I grow up!

arwen said...

Ok... so I think we need to talk Tara. Eric thinking you're gross? seriously? I think we need to have an intervention here. You are gorgeous even when you haven't brushed your teeth in 3 days, your skin is greasy and broken out and your hair is in a pony tail. I know it, Eric knows it, and we all do. So shut it, Titvestri. :)

tara said...

thanks for the intervention arwen. it boosted my self asteem after a weekend of gross-ness. although, now my sunburned skin has decided to blister and peel off...you still think thats cute?!