Tuesday, May 22, 2007

i am a rockstar...

fine. i will post. but for some reason i dont feel like it. am i in blogger depression?? i still read everyone elses posts and enjoy them, but the blogging spark that used to gleam in my eye has all but disapeared and i dont know if i can get it back...
i will tell you of a recent trip we took to tucson, az. (i would rather talk about my adoption process but there is absolutley nothing going on with that, so it would make for a lousy post)

this past thursday we left for arizona to go to erics cousins wedding. eric is mexican. (well, hes half mexi/half italian) his familia is mexican. those guys throw quite a wedding party! or shall i say fiesta?
for the rehearsal dinner they had rented out a mexican restaurant/outdoor bar hacienda type thingy. (i dont know what hacienda means, but it seemed like a hacienda) we all dressed fabulously...if i do say so. we were up to out eyeballs in guacamole, tamales, tortillas, and chilli rellanos, not to mention the open bar....oh the open bar...heres what i had: a margarita, a daquiri, a mojito, a shot of some wierd thing, a cherry amaretto sour and of course a dr. pepper...now, you may be thinking, "tara, you are a drunkard" but i must let it be known that i only kept drinking cause it wasnt doing its job! i wasnt trying to get drunk, but i little tipsy may have made the night more fun....nope. all that and i went home clean as a whistle. i suppose it was the lord, he can do such things.
anyhoo, that was a night of fun. the next day was the wedding. it was a fabulous affair and again we dressed fabulously. after the ceremony there was cocktail hour with an lobster tail, shrimp and of course an open bar. we visited, we ate, we drank. (i drank 7 up)
then we moved inside for a 5 course meal. i had chateau breon (a delicously tender steak with a port wine sauce) and eric had a rack of lamb...he loved it but it made me gag. too gamey. ugh.
there were 4 different bands at the reception but the hit of them all was the mariachi band. they were fun and we danced the night away. did i mention there was another open bar?? the bar was so open that we all got these rediculously pricey cigars...if they want to give it to us for free, were going to take em, right?! (but i didnt smoke or drink all night)
this fiesta lasted from 6:00 until 12:00....long night.
the next morning there was an after wedding brunch at a huge gorgeous resort. they served things like filet mingon, lobster, caviar, huge lavish deserts, and basicly everything you could ever want to eat. (i didnt not eat those wierd things for breakfast, i had belgian waffles with fresh berries and fruit and a mimosa)
theeeen, there was an after the brunch party. we ate we drank we ate more. then we left and flew home to boring old oklahoma. who wants to come home to oklahoma when you can party like a rockstar for free in arizona??!!

15 comments:

Jess said...

First: The only 120 pound people I know that can drink like that and go home "clean as a whistle" drink like that everyday and they are called alcoholics...

Second: Aren't you glad that when you buy a baby you can still drink while waiting for them (instead of not drinking at all for 9 months??)?

Third: I need to see pictures of what you were wearing at these fabulous parties

Four: You are a rockstar and I want to hang-out where you do. It would be like you are Paris Hilton (Only not have a weirdo nose) and I would be one of your groupies who follow you around learning to have fun at parties....Just think about it.

Anonymous said...

wow, T.... God really has blessed you. Who would have thought that you could drink like a 52 year old alcholic... I've heard that Tucson knows how to party. Hardy even. Hey. Remember John Hardy? Hmm.. Good times.

I like it when you drink and then post. You're probably still drunk, aren't you.

booze hound.

Anonymous said...

Great Tara you just gave me like the 99th reason why I should redo my wedding and live up to my full Mexican ability!Since I am full Mexican I should be able to hold down my liquor right?Anyways I left you message on another blog page but I am helping Kerry McMahan coordinate her wedding, crazy huh?The crazy thing is she trusts me that much to help her!I am honored she thought of me and what not but its a bummer you're not here to give me input on arranging the ceremony as far as floral decor etc.We're meeting with the florist this friday so hopefully it goes smoothly.The plus side is your dad is marrying them so I know he'll keep things in check too.Here again I say its times like these I wish you were here for ideas or even if I could have a nugget of your creativity that would be splendid~e

Anonymous said...

oh yeah I found James Stoder on myspace can you believe that?I didn't know his mom passed away too how sad.Chris McPeak is on myspace too those are the only two people that really stuck out on my mind from your past but I like Eric the best..remember that one time I pointed out a picture of him and I didn't know it was him and I said he was hot.That was embarrassing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

ya erika i remember when you wanted to make out with eric....good times. :)
dude, i know, i saw james' myspace page the other day...uh, can you say creepy? too bad things didnt work out between us...ew. sometimes i secretly like to see old friends (or mostly just boyfriends) and see that they got uglier in their old age...is that bad??
jess, first off, i dont weight 120lbs...try more like 135, thats right people. i said it 135.

arewn, i cant help it, i am a fish. a fish who swims and drinks alcohol and yet doesnt get drunk. i will tell you right now, even andrew had like 13 drinks, was only a litlle tipsy. its freaky.

Lisa said...

i love this post. Maybe we should ask Eric how clean as a whistle you really were... i drank 2 margaritas at Chevy's a few weeks ago and I could barely walk, and I was singing Spanish songs the whole way home, with the radio off.
Anyways, Tucson here I come!

Lisa said...

I guess since you posted I have to now. Crap.

Jen said...

I would just like you to know that I weigh 123 lbs! :) I know. It's great!

Maybe they weren't really serving you alcohol... Duh! don't you know that a Shirley Temple doesn't have achohol in it? 'Member that time when I was your date at your work Christmas party? No wonder that Shirley Temple was so good...

Thanks for posting. Now I am satisfied and can drive to Washington!

Lori said...

Hey now, what are you doing moving away from Portland?? If you still lived here, can you imagine the fun we could have taking our brown babies to pick blackberries? (Elf's one of my favorites too)

Amy said...

Tara Tara Sylvestri...

So, do you know Ted and Lori who commented on your blog? I am confused...I think I got connected with Lori through my myspace page, but now I see she commented on your blog and I am wondering if you know them! Maybe you are connected somehow through Gladney since you are both in the process of the adoption. I am still confused. Guess which couple completely forgot to go to the Ethiopian families in OKC dinner last night? Yes, the Bottomlys totally spaced it! I feel terrible! I am afraid to call Lisa H and tell her I am sorry...I know she cooked dinner and we didn't show!!!!! Are you still planning to get the Dwell Alphabet bedding for Baby Boy Sylvestri?

Lori said...

Hey there, cool to hear that you're in the same stage as us in this crazy process. Maybe we'd end up traveling over there together. Thanks for the encouraging comments too :)

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to post pictures of some of your cutie baby clothes?

Anonymous said...

wow. You are not ready for a child. You are still a child. You should go to school or read a book. You say so many unconscious things on so many different levels. But you probably don't understand what I am saying right now, do you? I feel sad for the Ethiopian boy who will be put in your home. Please say less and listen more.