Friday, January 12, 2007

merry christmas to all! it has only been one month since i last posted so i should probably catch you up on my life. i am still 26 years old and although i am often mistaken for a 17 year old, i am not. marme and kdub came to OKC for christmas...it was a relaxing joyous time filled with laughter and tears, except there were no tears. it really was so wonderful to have them here, i love being taken care of by my mommy, she is my precious. i also love when they pay for everything... i also love that they are completley happy just hanging out and watching movies and stuff, even though i felt like i needed to entertain them...i guess a little song and dance would have been nice.
violet (my puppy) recently lost her virginity. she is fixed so no babies were concieved, but she was playing in the yard with her best friend (and cousin!) bruno and he took a piece of my baby girl that we can never retrieve...i dont look at her the same anymore...knowing that she is tainted, and by her cousin nonethless! sick.
lets see, what else is going on in my world...
i have the flu today and were having a big ice storm here...eric got sent home from work and so weve just been laying in bed, watching movies (the illusionist and lady in the water) and napping. its been so cozy and relaxing! i like when eric serves me sprite with a drop of fresh orange juice in it, i like to call it "the sick girls spritzer". does anyone remember when we had that big ice/snow storm in the winter of '04? we shared a big beautiful townhouse with jess and ryan and we all were trapped in the house for days and days...i think jess and i were feeling crafty and we each croche'd 4 or 5 scarves. i still have one of them and its not a pretty sight. we tried to sled down the giant hill outside the house but everywhere in the city was sold out of sleds...so we went to joes crabshack for lunch...but eric and i dont like seafood, so we got little salads...remember how the ice was so thick on our cars that we had to hit it with a hammer?
i think that you all should know that i havent cooked a meal in like a month. except for when the parents were here we cooked a few times, other than that i think weve eaten out for dinner every night for a good solid month...odly enough i dont think ive put on any pounds...wierd. maybe its because were not eating at fast food, cause that would just be gross....im talking, on the border, panera bread, pie wie, moes, mazios pizza you know, the good stuff. mmm.
i want to propose a dare.
i dare all you people who read this blog but NEVER comment...to comment today. just today, so we know youre out there...ive heard rumors of secret readers and we want to take this time to acknowledge you. you dont have to say anything profound (i obviously, didnt put a ton of thought into this post) just note saying, "im here".
 Posted by Picasa

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm here." miss you TONS. love, melissa s.

tara said...

:D yeah!! love you miss!

Jen said...

1.This is the greatest day of my life. I always hoped people would think you're seventeen. thankfully, people think I'm eighteen so that means I'm still older!
2.Was your ice storm today? We might have one tonight or tomorrow night...
3. I love my Miracle Blades and nobody has cut themselves...

tara said...

yes, our ice storm came today and is supposed to stick a round until sunday...its kinda crazy but fun!
im glad the miracles havent ruined your life...i thought it would be the family with three young children to be the first to cut themselves...not the 24 year old grown man.

arwen said...

I'm not a secret reader. But i do remember that storm... that just happened to be the time that I decided to move to Boise. and my truck had no heat. and I lost 1/3 of everything I own somewhere on 84.
I feel your ice storm pain: the high got up to a whopping 11 today. And that's not 11 celcius, my friend. That is a whole 21 degrees below freezing. In. Sane. The low for tonight? 8 below. Awesome.

Jen said...

I think I might be stuck at my friends house in Abilene all weekend. Uh-oh. Our ice is coming!

Kara Deal said...

I comment, but I know my mother reads this and doesn't comment. so I say, "hi there!" for her.

tara said...

kay reads this?! yes!

Jen said...

Do you like that I have constant internet access right now? You're gonna have 15 comments from me alone before you write again!

Anonymous said...

t, i'm here and i love thee! i also am iced in! it's like we're the same or somethin...

Jess said...

Sometimes I wonder about the new "Sexy" pic T...Are you bringing sexy back?

Take em' to the chorus

tara said...

i wasnt intentionaly "bringing sexy back", i was more thinking along the lines of "bringing a picture of my eye back"....but now that you mention it, why is the eye pic like twice the size of the others in the comment section....ackward...

arwen said...

Jess... if you ever sing that song again, I will... I will... I will hug you and there is nothing you can do to stop that.

I too like your new "Sexy" pic, T. You went from FunHappyFairDay Tara to ArtSchoolSuperModel Tara. Well done.

3 babies.

tara said...

arwe, thank you...it warms a girls heart to hear words of sexiness and art school and such...but how oh how did i get that pic to be to be so ginormous??!

Unknown said...

I think your picture must be ginormous because Blogger could tell how sexy it is, and therefore knew it needed to be twice as big as a normal, non-sexy picture.

And also? I didn't need to know that much about your dog's sex life!

tara said...

gina, that must be it...or it is trying to me look incredibly vain. that jerk.

Kaydub said...

I'm surprised you've forgotten the song & dance you DID give us! Bemember? You danced and it made Ivy bark and chase you! Bemember?
And I think it's funny that when talking about the dogs you used the word "retrieve." That's a funny thing.

arwen said...

oh... I just thought that maybe your head had grown over there in OK.... Sorry. :(
i was picturing Jess' 8 foot tall basketball children with giant heads... I ghouth... just... that... crap.

arwen said...

ghouth


i have no idea what that word was supposed to be.

tara said...

i think your minds eye just spelled "though" backwards! practicly.

tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashes said...

You know what is so funny? I read everyone's blog and then was feeling bad for not leaving a comment. So, I signed back on and wrote "I am the stalker cousin..." on Jen's blog. I forgot it was you who put up the challenge. OOPS!

Anonymous said...

I'm here too! Hey remember when we used to send each other emails? What happened with that?
PS It's snowing a bunch here right at this very moment!!! It's like a blizzard or something... at least four inches ; )

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm an alcohol, er I mean an anonymous bolg reader.

tara said...

:D hi uncle chris!! :D

ashtin, thats funny, cause i read your comment on jens blog and thought, "oh, i wish she would read my blog and stalk me".

sars, (that was a typo, but i kinda like it) so dear sars, i have been wondering that myself! i shall email you today!

here was my word verification: sindztcr...i feel like it says "sin dance center". creepy.

Ryan Woods said...

OK Tara, you win. Your the coolest. UNcle chris! You win. It's over.

Anonymous said...

Even I read your blog

tara said...

even spock reads my blog! i wish i knew who spock was...

Lisa said...

30 comments?! are you serious??!! 2 posts with over 20 comments in a row?!! Tara, I'm impressed, even if you had to ask for them.

tara said...

ya, it doesnt really count since i begged, but it warms a girls heart to hear of secret people reading about her life... :)

arwen said...

Dang.... I know who Spock is and Spock doesn't even comment on my blog..... ouch.
But seriously T.... 31 comments? Who are you? ...would you like to be a guest blogger on DBS3?

arwen said...

oh, and perhaps if YOU read MY blog, you would know who Spock is. I link to Spock's blog.

tara said...

i know who dodyb is! i just didnt know that we called her spock. but i do love spock.

Anonymous said...

I'm here!

tara said...

but annoymous, who are you??!

Ashes said...

Now you know that I read your blog. It looks like lots of people read your blog. The next step is to keep us reading. I want more! Tell me more!

Anonymous said...

Just a passer through

tara said...

dear passer through,
who are you?
xoxo,
tara

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I just found you from link, to link, to link...but I think we could be friends if we knew each other.

passer through :)

tara said...

ooooh! welcome "passer through"! glad you passed through!

Priscilla said...

I've been reading...wasn't the illusionist a good movie! I think it was one of the better movies I've seen in quite a while.

Jen said...

I haven't read all these comments yet but I'd just like to say that you can't leave your posts on for a year just to get 43 comments!

tara said...

pris, LOVED the illusionist! its one of our faves!
jenny, i can actualy do whatever i want, i own this blog.

Unknown said...

Well, it took me awhile to get here, I'm rather busy lately (holding Tank while Gina blogs, and helping her get pictures up), but I do stop by, usually every couple of weeks, now that life is busy again.

tabitha jane said...

wow. well done. 45 comments. i just wanted to say that you have a FABULOUS looking family.

and i will be in oklahoma next week. ack!